2018 Carolinas District Convention
The Carolinas District invites you to have a magical time with us at our annual District Convention, Feb 23rd- 25th in Greenville SC. District Convention is an exciting weekend where Circle Kers come together to celebrate a wonderful and successful year. Students have an opportunity to run for District Office, celebrate award winners and learn more about ways to strengthen their clubs in the new CKI year. We can't wait to see you there.
Convention Ad Program Fundraiser
Carolinas CKI members have the ability to offset the cost of attending District Convention by selling advertisements in the official convention program. Raising $400 in ad sales will earn a free quad registration. Amounts under $400 will earn a prorated discount off of the $190 registration fee. In order to earn the discount, the seller must indicate their name on the form. Click here for the ad form and additional information.
How and Why Run for District Office
Fill out the intent to run form found here: Intent to run
Prepare your literature: Example & Tips
Review: Sample Caucus Questions
Review the current District Goals
Encourage as many members from your club to come and support you!
Take a deep breath and have fun!
What to Pack
The convention dress code can be found below for all official convention events. It is recommended that each attendee pack the following number of outfits:
Convention Agenda at a Glance
6pm - 11pm: Arrival, Delegates Meeting, Opening Session, Caucuses
9am - 11pm: Workshops, Divisional Caucus, K-Family Luncheon, Service Project, House of Delegates, President's Awards Banquet, and Pie in the Face Fundraiser
845am - 11am: Closing Session and Induction of 2017-2018 Board
1. All participants are expected to abide by the designated dress code for each session.
2. “Professional” refers to dress shirt, slacks, necktie, sport or suit coat and appropriate shoes for males, and dress or suit, skirt or slacks, blouse and appropriate shoes for females.
3. “Business casual” refers to slacks, collared shirt and appropriate shoes for males, and slacks, skirt or skort, blouse or collared shirt and appropriate shoes for females.
4. “Casual” refers to shorts or jeans, collared shirts, sweatshirts or appropriate T-shirts and casual footwear for males, and shorts, skirt, skort or jeans, collared shirt, sweatshirt or appropriate T-shirt and casual footwear for females.
5. At no time will any clothing with inappropriate language or graphics be allowed. Any shirts, shorts or skirts deemed to be of inappropriate length will not be allowed.